Monday, July 25, 2011

Day Two; Summer Vacation

Things have really picked up around my house. Usually we are quiet and reserved, only adults are here but over the course of two days that sure has changed. The sounds of feet pounding on the floor running from one end of the house to another.
I wish I could bottle that energy and sell it! I would make a fortune!
This is my first time spending any amount of time with Amber. She finally came for summer vacation and it's been a blast. Though we only have her for two weeks it already seems to be flying by. I know I will greatly miss her when shes gone.
After she woke up this morning I saw her stumble into the kitchen for a Pop-Tart and I asked her if she was okay and she kinda mumbled back, "yeah," Then we stood in the room talking for a minute or two and she got out of bed and came over to the door....put her little arms around me and said, " Amanda I love you." I would floored.
That was the best thing that I could have heard from her. I have been so scared that she wouldn't like me but she's openly saying she loves me! Even if it's only a young child thing and even if she doesn't quite grasp love it's still a great feeling! I feel I am doing something right.

She's spoiled already. Tom and I have bought her things periodically through the year and we hadn't shipped them yet and so we have been giving her little things each day. (Yes there's enough for two presents each day) but only after she's done her chores (brushing her teeth, feeding kittens, cleaning her messes) so she likes getting little toys here and there, what kids don't. She's gotten sand art, marbles, tinkerbell coloring book, and of course Legos! I got her a few things off Amazon the other day, she loves Pugs so I bought her a Pug Ty beanie baby. :) I know she's gonna love it.


Oh, FYI, kittens keep kids entertained for HOURS! Just saying :)

I really do appreciate the interest in my blog, this is my first one so be gentle.

Off to cook more hamburgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment