Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day Four: Painting

Today has been really good. We have been painting today. Amber painted a wooden box and then she painted a few pieces of paper. I'll add some pictures to the blog later. I think she is getting more or less used to being here. She and I are building a really good relationship. I have to keep on her about brushing her teeth but what kids don't you have to do that with.

We have been playing some music today too and surprisingly enough we have a pretty similar taste in music. She loves the Gummibar song and that's one of my faves. I let her hear the German version and it was too cute seeing her try to sing it. :)

I'm still having my fears of it she's going to go back and tell her mom that I was mean or something. Yes, I have been firm with her but I have not raised my voice to her and I don't plan on doing so.

I told Tom about my blog last night so I'm sure he will read it. :) All the encouraging words that I have gotten from my friends has really helped alot. I know I am good with kids but it's just nice to hear reassurance.

Alot of people probably wonder why I am looking for kinds words and well its very easy to explain. Though for someone who doesn't' have step children they may not understand. I am trying to not kit that phase where every time I say something I get the "your not my mom" thrown in my face. This is my first visit with her and I'm trying to do the best that I can. I want her to tell her "other" family that she had a good time and that she was safe while she was here so they will let her come back.

I do no ever want to jeopardize Tom not bringing her here again because of something I did. I know legally he has rights to her but that don't mean that her mom may not try to do everything she can to stop that or make his life hello while shes here.

So that concludes my blog for the day. Thanks for reading.





No comments:

Post a Comment