Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day Eighteen: Conversations

I know I haven't posted in a while but well it's been a crazy week and a half! Amber is such a joy to have around here. Ive learned that shes so polite and respectful, though she does have her moments.
The subject of this blog today is to shed a little light on the conversations that she and I have had over the past week.

Today for instance, we were outside on the porch and I told her that I hoped she would get to come visit for Christmas and that I have really enjoyed having her here. Also, I told her that I would miss her when she went back to Ohio. Well then she told me this...."I hope I get to come visit at Christmas too, Ive had alot of fun since Ive been here in Georgia."

Then she told me that she wanted me to have her address in Ohio, well I told her if she wanted to tell me then that was fine but I wouldn't ask for it. So she told me that she couldn't give me her address because her mommy would be really upset if I came to visit. Then she told me that she couldn't give me the address because she wasn't allowed to give it to me.

So, my suspicions had been confirmed. Before Amber came here her "mom" told her that she wasn't allowed to give out phone numbers or addresses to me and everything about her "family" in Ohio was off limits to discuss. She wants to talk to me about these things. I feel if she didn't then she wouldn't have brought it up.....

It breaks my heart that she has so many restrictions like that in her life. I will be the first to admit that I have never asked her for any of her information in Ohio. I feel like if she wanted me to have it then she would tell me.

I had grown more than attached to her since shes been staying with us. It's going to be hard to let her leave. I know that she would have such a better life with me and Tom. Shes a wonderful child (though she does have her moments!) and I have grown to love her as my own. Though as I told Tom before I will never try to become her mother. She only has one mother always but I will be her friend and her protector. I love her alot. Well, shes easy to love. :)

There's alot of instances that I have to go back and write down and post but well I just figured I would do a quick update. She's only going to be here with us for another three days. She's going back on Saturday.

Its going to be hard for the next week or so not having her here. I look forward to waking up every morning and going to see her. She's got to where she runs up to me in the morning and says "Good morning Amanda," or "I love you."

It melts my heart, she's such a loving child. She's become a big part of my life now. I just hope that she will be able to be a more frequent part of my life. I will truly miss her. But maybe we will get lucky and see her for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment